Intro to Realistic Sneaker Cake - April 7th
Intro to Realistic Sneaker Cakes:
April 7th 10pm -5pm
Blur the lines between reality and cake in this Hyper-Realistic sneaker class with none other than sneaker-cake expert, April Julian from Netflix’s Is it Cake? April will guide you step-by-step through the process of transforming layers of cake into a realistic canvas sneaker that you can customize with your own unique colourway and personalized details.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Fill and carve a cake to the proper shape and scale to ensure your finished sneaker has realistic proportions
- Use simple, inexpensive household items to create fabric textures on gumpaste and fondant.
- Create and assemble gumpaste shoelaces to look like they are actually laced through metal grommets on your shoe
- Add your own fondant/gumpaste details to create your own unique custom sneaker design.
Reserve your seat to unlock the secrets of crafting your own custom canvas sneaker design that will leave your friends and family with trust issues!
Skill level: intermediate
Bring to class:
Butter cake (not an oil based cake). You can use your favourite butter cake recipe or use the recipe provided by April before class.
a: Dimensions: cake should ¼ sheet pan size (approx. 13”L x 9”W x 1” H)
b:If possible, please bring cake while frozen as it will be much easier to carve.
- Small paring knife and small serrated knife
- Butter cake (not an oil based cake). You can use your favourite butter cake recipe or use the recipe provided by April before class.
Class duration: 7 hours
Light lunch, snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Students will also receive 15% off their purchases made during class.
Please arrive 10 MINUTES before class starts. All classes are FINAL sale and cannot be refunded. Transferring class to another participant is allowed (Please let us know if something else is coming in your spot)